Dimensional tolerances according to DIN ISO 3601-1, industry class B Surface deviations according to DIN ISO 3601-3, type feature N For specific applications, the permitted dimensional tolerances can be restricted according to industry class A and the surface deviations to type feature S....
Dimensional tolerances according to DIN ISO 3601-1, industry class B
Surface deviations according to DIN ISO 3601-3, type feature N
For specific applications, the permitted dimensional tolerances can be restricted according to industry class A and the surface deviations to type feature S.
Materials with approvals and/or conformity tests for special applications (gas, drinking water, foodstuffs) are available, as required.
Operational application limits
Temperature EPDM 70: -45 °C to +130 °C
Temperature FKM: -15 °C to +200 °C
Temperature HNBR 70: -30 °C to +150 °C
Temperature NBR: -30 °C to +100 °C
Temperature VMQ 70: -55 °C to +200 °C
Suitability for specific media
Good resistance to hot water and steam, detergents, caustic potash solutions, silicone oil and greases, many polar solvents, and many diluted acids and chemicals, along with a high level of ozone resistance. EPDM materials are totally unsuitable for use with all mineral oil products (lubricants, fuels).
Good chemical resistance to mineral oils and greases, synthetic oils and greases, engine, transmission and ATF oils to approx. +150°C, fuels, non-flammable hydraulic pressure fluids HFD, aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, water to the max. +80°C, excellent resistance to weathering, ozone and aging, very low gas permeability (and therefore excellent for vacuum application) and resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
HNBR is obtained by fully or partially hydrogenating NBR. It leads to considerable improvement in resistance to heat, ozone, and aging, and gives it very good mechanical properties, e.g. good resistance to wear. The media resistance compares to that of NBR. HNBR has a good resistance to some refrigerants. The temperature application range is from -30°C to +150°C.
Good chemical resistance to mineral oils and greases, hydraulic oils H, HL, HLP, non-inflammable hydraulic pressure fluids HFA, HFB, HFC to approx. +50°C and water to the max. +80°C
Good resistance to water (up to 100 °C), aliphatic engine and transmission oils, animal and plant oils and fats. VMQ is generally not resistant to fuels, aromatic mineral oils, steam (short term up to 120 °C possible), silicone oils and greases, acids and alkaline compounds.
Avoid damaging the O-ring during installation, as this will cause leakage. Observe the following:
- The O-ring must not be expanded to its elongation limit.
- Edges must be burr-free, radii and angles applied smoothly.
- Dust, dirt, metal chips and other particles must be removed.
- Tips of screws and installation housings for other sealing and guiding elements should be covered by an assembly sleeve.
- A suitable grease to be applied to the assembly surfaces and O-rings.
- Elastomer materials are made smoother if they are heated in oil or hot water to approx. 80 °C. This makes it easier to stretch the O-ring for assembly.
- Any assembly tools used, such as expansion mandrels or sleeves, should be made of a soft material (e.g. POM) and not have any sharp edges.
- The O-ring should not be rolled over assembly surfaces. Ensure the O-ring is not twisted as it slots into the groove.
SVKS Seal, with over 10 years experience, is one of the leading brown / red fkm 75a o ring manufacturers and suppliers in China. And we also offer the customized service catering to your special requirement. Please be free to buy the rubber products with competitive price from us.