Skeleton Oil Seal function
The role of the skeleton oil seal is generally to isolate the parts that need lubrication in the transmission parts from the output parts so as not to leak the lubricant.
Rotary shaft, a rotary shaft lip seal. The skeleton is just like the reinforcing steel inside the concrete structure, which plays a reinforcing role and allows the oil seal to maintain its shape and tension. According to the skeleton type, it can be divided into inner skeleton oil seal, outer skeleton oil seal, and inner and outer skeleton oil seal. The skeleton oil seal is made of high-quality nitrile rubber and steel plate, with stable quality and long service life. Widely used in automobiles, motorcycle crankshafts, camshafts, differentials, shock absorbers, engines, axles, front and rear wheels and other parts.
1. Prevent sediment, dust, moisture, etc. from invading the bearing from the outside;
2. Limit the leakage of oil in the bearing. The requirements for oil seals are that the dimensions (inside diameter, outside diameter and thickness) should be in compliance with the requirements; proper elasticity is required, the shaft can be properly seized, and the seal function is used; heat resistance, wear resistance, strength, and resistance to the medium ( Oil or water, etc., long service life.
Reasonable use of oil seals should pay attention to the following points:
(1) Shaft rotation speed Due to design and construction reasons, high-speed shafts should be used with high-speed oil seals, low-speed shafts with low-speed oil seals, and low-speed oil seals cannot be used on high-speed shafts, and vice versa.
(2) Ambient temperature Polypropylene ester or silicon, fluorine, and silicon fluoro rubber should be used when the operating temperature is high. And should try to reduce the oil temperature in the tank. If the temperature is too low, cold resistant rubber should be used.
(3) The pressure of the oil seal is poor, and the oil seal will deform when the pressure is too high. Under high-pressure conditions, a pressure bearing rings or reinforced pressure oil seals should be used.
(4) A degree of eccentricity on the installation When the oil seal and shaft are eccentrically fitted, the sealability deteriorates, especially when the shaft rotation speed is high. If the eccentricity is too large, a "W" shaped oil seal can be used.
(5) The surface smoothness of the shaft directly affects the service life of the oil seal, that is, the shaft has a high finish and the oil seal has a long service life.
(6) Note that there should be a certain amount of lubricant in the lip of the oil seal.
(7) Special care should be taken to prevent dust from immersing into the oil seal.